Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Moab Musings 2

I thought I should post something my husband said this morning as I made my way to the bathroom and paused - the Israelis bombed a toilet paper factory in the south of Lebanon......?

He also said this:

"Have I lost my feelings, my senses, my humanity? After fifty years of wars, bloodshed and the sight of blown up men, women and children, this question came to my mind because for no reason I know, I watch this little war in Lebanon and Gaza with a disturbing sense of curiosity instead of despair. Its deadly results seem to erase the boring stalemate in that ridiculous process called peace.

What am I watching?

Am I watching 'the theatre of the absurd' with a little sheikh and his little band of militia men facing and humilitating the fifth strongest military power in the world - that gang of suicidal, paranoid extremists - Israel.

Or am I watching 'a mime' with 250,000,000 Arabs playing the part of three monkeys "see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil" ...

.... possibly I have become a monkey myself.....?"

And for anyone interested in the health of the Lebanese and Palestinian people, check out the WHO link for all situation reports. J

http://www.emro.who.int/eha/

1 Comments:

Blogger (Tealover) said...

May be its that we no longer sense it .. being hit over and over on the same spot .. dignity .. but is there anything that would wake us up to start recovering .. I wonder !

Tuesday, July 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home