Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Personal Note

If I’m violating some kind of blog etiquette by injecting my personal life into this posting, I apologize. I haven’t written for some weeks, not because I was away, but because I had family here for our 50th Wedding Anniversary. For some it has been 20 years since they were here, for others only 10. Some re-visited Petra, Jerash, Madaba, and most went to the Baptism site to marvel again at Jordan’s rich history. However, the highlight of our time together was the evening in Wadi Rum. Of all the places in Jordan, this natural wonder is the most impressive. We began our evening with champagne at sunset watching the sky and sand change colors. Then we continued with dinner, dancing, and Bedouin entertainment at one of the camps that cater to groups such as ours. I know that everyone will take home great memories of that evening, and my husband and I will cherish that special time of shared happiness.

ASH

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! That is an amazing hallmark, may God bless you with the best yet to come.

Saturday, July 19, 2008  
Blogger MommaBean said...

Happy anniversary! I hear Wadi Rum is amazing, maybe when El 3atal and I hit 15 years we'll manage to make it there :).

Saturday, July 19, 2008  
Blogger joladies said...

It is amazing to think that 2 people can live together for 50 years. A tribute to both of your staminas!!! T

Monday, July 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home