Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Know Jordan Photo 10 answer - and a bit more musings.

I am standing on a balcony overlooking the little stream of Ein Ghazzal, polluted and struggling for survival and I look towards the town on the hill that is Marka. This is where our medical and aviation services evolved into national institutions of great achievement over decades of pioneering work. But I also see a culture struggling for survival under the immense onslaught of uncontrolled, profiteering, capitalism that diminishes the soul and turns a whole country and its lands ‘up for sale’.

The President of America arrives on our embattled lands today. What can I say? The words that seem appropriate, like ‘you are not welcome Bush the Busht’, as my husband calls him - seem totally inadequate. Truth, integrity, compassion, the fight for peace not war, don’t mean anything to this man on a mission of destruction, be it in Iraq or Palestine, or Lebanon, or even what’s waiting around the corner for Iran and Syria. “We will complete the mission in Iraq” he says, as the daily carnage of innocent human beings increases by the hour. What does ‘mission accomplished’ mean exactly – the total annihilation of the cradle of civilisation??

Callous, conniving and cruel, violent, domineering, arrogant and racist – in a word ‘fascist’ - are words that come to mind when one thinks about the Bush Administration’s despicable foreign policy.

On this day, I mourn for lost opportunities, statesmanship and the courage to wage peace – that is all I can do, unlike Malachi Ritscher – who chose a different path. J


http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/news/archives/2006/11/28/the_quiet_death_of_malachi_ritscher.html

http://www.savagesound.com/gallery99.htm

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article15762.htm

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. This is the first time I'd heard even a whisper about Malachi Ritscher. I forwarded these articles on to two others who, like me, are assiduous readers of the internet and the news therein (who else would know about http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com and http://www.ihatecilantro.com - not just readers of cnn.com!!).

Shocking really, that this has been so quiet. As I told one of them, we hear about a mother in Iosconsibraska that kills her children or what Condoleezza Rice wears to press conferences, but not even the public's thirst for gruesome news was seen as an audience for this piece.

I found an article article that suggests an aversion to glorifying suicide as the reason for the silence, but then, when has the media ever had a conscience? Maybe we should ask O.J.?

Thursday, November 30, 2006  
Blogger joladies said...

Thank you cjg for interacting. That's all I can hope for ... along with the thought that this thread may trigger something out there ... if not peace then a little less war.... J

Friday, December 01, 2006  
Blogger MommaBean said...

J, Thanks for this post. I'm a bit tardy in reading it, but it so reflects my feelings on "the shrub" as well him around my house. I also had not heard anything about Malachi Ritscher. Here's to a lot less war and a lot more understanding.

Friday, December 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home