Saturday, October 06, 2007

The farewell kiss lingers on the cheek
As I think of son at uni and the recent callous bombing in Beirut
that took the life of yet another 'good' politican.
He left over a week ago; is that all?
and I wonder how he's coping when the phone rings.
"Hi mum just wanted to say hello" he says
in a very reassuring voice with a happy lilt in the tone ….
"How's uni" says me stupidly as I clear the lump in my throat.
"Great!" comes a word of comfort that sums up the Lebanese sense of 'savoir vivre'
as I pass the phone to hubby and they share a joke and a laugh.
"Just keep learning to duck and dive son and you'll be fine"
… ever the optimist my husband ….
who hands back the phone with a twinkle in his eye and a smile that can move a mountain of humanity and stop a tear from falling.

Note to self: think positive and try and move a mountain! J

1 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Hello. This is for all of your Jordan ladies, I am sorry i could not find anyway to contact you but through the comments here. :)
I looked at your flickr photos about Jordan and I love them, very very nice. I would like to ask your permission to use your pictures if they are not protected, if like, and make a video about Jordan. It is just a hobby of mine, I usually make videos of pictures I shoot for places I live in or visit, but when I see nice photos like yours, I am moved, and I think they deserve to be shared on a high traffic site such as youtube. I am not associated with any business...I just do the videos for fun and exposure. If you agree, I will mention the source of the pictures on my video.
You may check my youtube channel at:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=summers57
I also blog, one is a personal blog and the other is a cooking blog for Middle Eastern food and much more, here are the blog addresses:
http://cooking-the-easy-way.blogspot.com/
AND
http://summers57.blogspot.com/
Hope to read from you soon. You may contact me by emailing me. My email address is summers57 at gmail dot com. Thank you so much for your time.
Summer

Wednesday, October 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home