Sunday, October 05, 2008

The King who had six wives (not all at the same time!)

I was reading an interesting article about how to write memoirs and biographies when a couple of sentences jumped out at me and made me think how we view history.

'I would further cite the peril of hindsight. We may know that Henry VIII will marry six times, but he didn't...'

So when we look back on our lives and others and try to make sense of it all we have to remember that we/they did not know what was in their future. T

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mohhamad had NINE wives...at the same time.

Sunday, October 05, 2008  
Blogger MommaBean said...

That is interesting. I think that historical novelists like Phillipa Gregory have awesome imagination as they are able to present the story as if it were going on today (with no foreknowledge of what will come next). I can see how that would be a challenge in this type of writing.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home