Friday, January 09, 2009

Gaza on my mind ....

I woke up this morning
and what did I see
nothing
but bombs surrounding me

I woke up this morning
and what did I feel
nothing
but pain enveloping me

I woke up this morning
and what did I sense
nothing
but fear devouring me

But that is me
and I lie safe and secure
within my realm
of motherhood intact
where health and wealth
abound, far from the Gazan plains
of a suffering Palestine.

So why the emptiness
helplessness
the devouring
the nothingness
of terror dysfunctioning
ingrained in the soul of
my eyes
weeping
for the children of Palestine.

I have nothing left
no words to empathise
no thoughts to justify
no way to stop
the suffering
so why Oh God
this infamy
insanity
mythology
nothing more than
mysogyny
of a person
called Palestine
who was "married to
another man" .... J


And to all those at the US Congress .... read this if you can spare a minute from your busy mind corrupting schedules of appeasement ...

Book: Married to Another Man by Ghada Karmi, Pluto Press

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home