Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy to be an American

For the first time in a long time I felt pride that I am an American. Watching the inauguration of President Obama brought tears of hope – something that I haven't felt during the past eight years. I know that Barack Obama is a man; a human being who can't perform miracles. I know that the American system of government is complicated and many powerful players are involved in it. I know that change takes time,effort, and cooperation, but I also know that it is possible. I hope that our new president has the time, the health, the energy, and the support necessary to bring about the changes he envisions and we all need.
ASH

3 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

I think your comments mirror the feelings of many people. I found myself asking: "What can I do?". Stay safe!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009  
Blogger joladies said...

fingers, toes and intestines crossed in hope too! J

Thursday, January 22, 2009  
Blogger MommaBean said...

Add me to the list with realistic hope blossoming (and my biggest hope is an end to the embarassment of being an American...)!

Sunday, January 25, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home