Saturday, July 22, 2006

Obscene Aggression

Obscene, immoral, disgusting….there are not enough words to describe my thoughts concerning the Israeli aggression in Lebanon and Gaza!

But what’s wrong with me? Why am I surprised? After living here more than 40 years, why should I expect anything else??

I guess that my innate core, within my soul, believes that there are good people in this world who have good intentions and live with integrity….that’s why I continue to be caught off balance.

The world that I was raised in, where the Unites States stood out as a land of values that others vied to emulate no longer exists. Instead it is now a cruel, callous, calculating country that instead of using all of its resources to stop the awful bloodletting actually stands aside and allows it to happen. Instead of using all of its power and wealth to halt the destruction of a sovereign Lebanon, it evacuates its nationals, allowing Israel to hit the country with impunity. Instead of sending its leadership to mediate a ceasefire within hours of battle, it sits back and waits and watches the death and destruction occur before their eyes.

Now I hear that “my country” is going to rush precision guided bombs to Israel to aid in striking their targets. Now, let’s see, more than half a million Lebanese have been displaced, several hundred are dead, the infrastructure of Lebanon has been, or is in the process of being destroyed, and yet it is now necessary to help the Israelis by improving their destructive capabilities?

I just don’t get it! What happened to the American values that I used to be so proud of? Either they have changed, or, what I really believe, my “mother land” is being held hostage by a bunch of very sick, very frightening people who just happen to be the President and the bulk of his administration! How horrible to think that we still have 2 more years of this terrifying bunch!! Iraq wasn’t enough for them and now, God only knows what havoc they will be allowed to wreck in the months ahead.
kag

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are you talking about?! Didn’t you hear them saying that this must happen sooner ‎or later, and stopping the war now is not healthy for the region?! Israel must first kill and ‎destroy every living human who would possibly threaten the peace of the region in the ‎future, this is what they say.‎
They say if the war stop now, then it would be for no reason! And since it started, let it ‎reach to the end, and we will feed the fire until “everyone” is safe!‎

It is no longer about values, it is about command and control now…‎

Nice post with honest words, thank you for saying it

Saturday, July 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very good...i could not agree more...made me think of the US in my perspective...you lived at a time when the US "stood out as a land of values that others vied to emulate"....i live at and was brought up at a time surrounded by hatred towards the US....i hope that one day i can be proud of my "other mother land" as you once were...

Saturday, July 22, 2006  
Blogger eyad said...

it has been always there, i mean the back up for israel, but now it became clear.

Sunday, July 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home