Wednesday, August 16, 2006

service with a smile???

I had to cope with three courier services this week. DHL took 2 days to get my item 50 miles in UK then 24 hours to deliver it to my home in Jordan. Ok, no complaints there.

Aramex took 2 weeks to get my credit card from Jebel Hussein to Jebel Amman and then put the blame on me because I was not at home when they tried to deliver! And they had my telephone number. It took 3 visits to the bank to get it to me. Plenty of complaints there.

The third was Fedex bringing some dvds of photos and film of my family in Singapore. They called me to say that the customs had taken the package and would I call the next day. Who is the customer here I wonder? Finally this morning I was directed to the Audio-Visual Commission on Medina Street. So off I went prepared to do battle! But, as so often happens here, I was completely disarmed when I got there. It seems the Customs randomly inspects dvds to make sure they do not contain subversive material. I went from one office to another and finally ended up with a charming gentleman (apart from the stink of cigarettes and smoke) who had a quick look at one of the dvds. We had an interesting conversation as to why the da Vinci Code is banned here in Jordan, which I find absolutely extraordinary and why aren’t some of the terribly violent programmes on JTV censored. No answer there though. So I came home with my photos.

Tomorrow I face the licensing department in Marka. T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home