Monday, November 19, 2007

A Guest Friendly Wedding

Although all brides are beautiful, weddings are not always the most pleasant of events. Many are show off social gatherings that I try to avoid whenever possible. I have spent too many evenings trapped at a table with strangers while going deaf from loud speakers that belong in a football stadium. Often food is not served before 11PM so the uppermost thought in my mind is when I can leave. This is not the mind set one should have at such a joyous occasion.

Last Saturday I attended a lovely wedding celebration that was guest friendly. The invitation was for 8PM. For an hour or so guests mingled and enjoyed seeing one another. The parents of the groom were tireless hosts making sure that everyone was all right. The celebration began with short speeches by the father of the groom and the father of the bride. Food was served. By 10:30 music and dancing filled the room, and those who cared to leave felt free to do so. I am sure that the evening had been planned with the needs and comfort of the wedding guests in mind. They were successful; we all had a great time. Thanks to J and N for a lovely evening, and a thousand mabrooks for your son.

ASH

2 Comments:

Blogger MommaBean said...

That sounds like my kind of wedding! I'd actually be more likely to stay at a wedding that took my needs into account.

Monday, November 19, 2007  
Blogger joladies said...

It was a wonderful wedding party, very warm and as ASH said dinner was served at 9.30 which was lovely for us oldies as we could leave the youngsters and those with plenty of energy to dance the night away. I really appreciated not being pounded to near deafness with loud music. Mabrook to J & N and we look forward to their next 3 weddings!! T

Monday, November 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home