Wednesday, April 02, 2008

body search

Yesterday I went to one of our 5 star hotels and noticed a lot more security around especially Special Forces soldiers in their red berets, presumably there to guard guests to SOFEX. I and four other ladies put our bags on to the xray then walked through the arch as we usually do. Then we were ushered into a small room one by one for the most intrusive body search I have ever had. I found it quite upsetting as the woman pushed and pulled and felt all over my body in a very strong way. Is this really necessary? T

3 Comments:

Blogger joladies said...

T - I totally agree with you ... and all for what? Because of people who work in the military business??? Over the last seven days I have been groped all over by three different women for reasons of security ... enough is enough ... we should not have to endure this indignity because a 5 star hotel won't invest in a proper walk through security system! From now I am boycotting any place that does this to me ... and another thing, I doubt that men get groped in their private parts!! J

Wednesday, April 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That give me the creeps!

My kids were also freaked out when one of those red-bereted soldiers in an armored vehicle trained their machine gun at the kids school bus when it drove by. Not in a joking way either, it scared these kids, who are very used to displays of weaponry.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone should complain to the hotels, it may be that they are unaware of how obtrusive the body searches are, if enough woman esp. guests of the hotel say something then it is more likely that something will be done

Thursday, April 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home