Saturday, September 02, 2006

Half a Truth is Often a Great Lie

.... said Benjamin Franklin.

And I thought of all the speeches of The Bush-Blair Conspiracy and their political hijacking of our humanity. And I keep asking 'why has it come to this' as I prepare to attend a wedding, sort out my kids for school and university, blog and do other everyday things, but I am finding it harder and harder to laugh and my garden has been reclaimed by mother nature. War is coming. And in the meantime, people are dying daily from the sniper's bullet in Baghdad or mafiosa hitmen of the IDF in Ramallah, Nablus and Gaza - but that is all happening in occupied territory, Iraq and Palestine, and therefore it doesn't count, no justice for those victims. And I havn't even started on Afghanistan yet.

My husband keeps a smile on his face and humour in his thoughts; his way of dealing with the sad, mad situation. 'Well, war might save me from the pains of arthritis or colon cancer or senile dementia' .... and that broke the spell!

The previous blog raises an important issue in our part of the world, that of religious tolerance - hanging on by a thread: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/story/0,,1863335,00.html


PS:
And lest we forget, "The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly... it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over." And so said Joseph Goebbels, Nazi Propaganda Minister.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home