Saturday, February 03, 2007

Trashing our Country

I drove down to Aqaba a couple of days ago and was distressed and disgusted over how much garbage is strewn across our roadsides. I have come to expect seeing this on the Dead Sea road, but guess what….there is now competition on the Desert Highway! The numbers of plastic bags, broken bottles, and plastic containers on the sides of the road was shocking. My suggestion is to mobilize the army to do a mass removal and then enforce strict littering fines to stop this epidemic! Of course it would help if there were containers along the road where the garbage could be deposited, but in lieu if that, citizens should be educated to carry their garbage with them until they find a proper trash bin l to put it in.

I cringe when I think of what impressions visitors to Jordan have of our apparently careless society. Why do people who would never litter their homes think it is okay to trash their countryside?? I just don’t get it! People need to appreciate this beautiful country and treat with the respect that it so justly deserves!
kag

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I'm with you on this one.

Monday, February 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home