Saturday, December 15, 2007

ob! I wish I could walk on the sidewalks


Parts of shops in the middle of the sidewalk

I wish the traffic police would spend more time walking round and giving tickets to cars parked like this and those double parked. Instead they seem to spend their time at various circles and junctions smoking and chatting with occasional arm waving at the traffic

I don't know who puts up the bus stops with shelters - the Municipality or the bus companies?

ok, so now we have to bend our backs to get under the foliage or step into the middle of the road

I think there should be a law that owners of empty lands should keep them neat and tidy

Walking in Amman is an absolute nightmare and so dangerous. If there is not an obstacle in front of you to bend down under or step into the road, there are holes, steps, bumps, broken stones and pipes. I blame the Municipality for not keeping the sidewalks in a decent state and allowing individuals to place trees, containers, shops etc etc wherever they please. I also blame the police for not giving tickets to those double parking, parking on sidewalks and various other inappropriate places. As you can all gather from this moan, I was out walking today!! T

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Perhaps we should create a blog simply to document sidewalk obstructions.

Saturday, December 15, 2007  
Blogger Madi said...

Dave,
And send a photo-book of our collection to the Mayor in his birthday ?

Sunday, December 16, 2007  
Blogger joladies said...

good idea! T

Sunday, December 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home