Friday, December 07, 2007

A Date I Remember

Everyone has a date or two they will always remember, and one of mine is December 7th. It commemorates the bombing of Pearl Harbor and the entrance of the United States into World War II. We supposedly entered the war to make the world a safer place, to save other nations from totalitarianism, and to preserve freedom – among other admirable principles. I think the United States and other nations truly believed that was why the war was fought. Now 66 years later, the world is no wiser, certainly no safer, and the United States has become an aggressor. My country is also complicit in perpetuating one of the longest military occupations the world has seen in several centuries. Today on this particular anniversary I hang my head in shame.

ASH

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, December 07, 2007  
Blogger Madi said...

ASH,
I love it when you blog.

Saturday, December 08, 2007  
Blogger MommaBean said...

A day which will live in infamy (this one, not that one). I join you with my head hung in shame...

Wednesday, December 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree about the US's stance now as the agressor

Saturday, December 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home