Thursday, September 28, 2006

Moab musings


My cat's an alien - check out those eyes!




Hubby thinks I should stop reading the news – it's just someone else's opinion and it depresses you, he says. And anyway being 'middle of the road' only gets you run over, he adds … too right there!

Why bother with the internet, alternative media, regular media and all that spin, he says – look at life, smile and do some gardening. Stop worrying, he keeps saying; but how can I when I know we are heading for nuclear war, says me, even more confused;

"Ya salam" exclaims hubby, lowering his newspaper, as if to emphasize a point (how ironic – salam means peace in Arabic) the next war is going to be fiddlesticks compared to the First and Second World Wars where tens of millions died in Europe. Life has not changed in over five thousand years - men will always want to kill other men, says hubby waxing lyrical! What's new?

What we really should be worried about is global warming – the earth has not been this hot since recorded history – so go and do some gardening before you disappear in a puff of smoke – vaporized by mother nature – "pinggggg ... gawn!" he says with a cheeky smile on his face … and as I head for the garden with axe in hand, with an equally cheeky grin on my face, I do a quick detoured dash to the computer … J


Going for the kill by alien cat number 2 in the garden

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home