Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Royal Jordanian

RJ flew me to London and back safely so I should be thankful for that. I have flown with RJ many times and have been pleased, annoyed and upset but that can apply to many airlines. BUT the state of some of their aircraft is appalling. With all the latest publicity about new aircraft and the previous advertising campaign saying we would be flying in 'royalty' (no comment about the grammer) I expected something better than the ancient aircraft we flew in. The outside looked dilapidated and the inside even worse. The two toilets on each side of the aircraft had large notices stuck on the doors saying 'Out of Ordar'! Luckily I was travelling with friends which helped to keep the nervousness at bay.

The aircraft coming back was in a slightly better shape though the window (see picture) I was sitting next to did not imbue much confidence in the state of the a/c. Many of the passengers could not use their earpieces as they were not working.

I just wonder how safe the old RJ a/c are and hope they will all be replaced soon. T
 Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I understand your frustration with RJ, especially if you're having a long journey, say from UK or the US. I stopped taking RJ for the last 3 years. I now try to take BA for the Amman-London route. Rgds, Bashar.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006  
Blogger Dave said...

I've had similar experiences with RJ. They seem to be in a period of transition at the moment, and your odds of getting one of the newer planes are hit and miss.

The last couple times I flew to England from Amman, I managed to get the new plane with the personal video screens mounted in back of each seat. I'll be happy when that is standard on all of RJ's planes.

Thursday, October 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our last flight with RJ was really good.It was not one of the new airplanes,but also not a very old one.It was in a very good shsape,it was well maintained,the ood and service were very good,it was a long flight,9 hours,but a very comfortable one,and the satff were amazingly polite and helpful.

Thursday, October 19, 2006  
Blogger joladies said...

That's the problem Salam, always hit and miss with RJ planes - I've had some wonderful flights and some equally horrendous ones (one flight to London in particular-December 2005-I felt as if I was flying in a tin can courtesy of Soviet Airlines - everything was broken and flight delayed for technical reasons).

I think we all hope our national carrier can aspire to great things - very possible if only they would adhere to standards, as Dave says. J

Thursday, October 19, 2006  
Blogger Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

Sunday, January 15, 2017  

Post a Comment

<< Home