Wednesday, June 11, 2008

are sheep a traffic hazard?

I wonder how the traffic police deal with the herds of sheep wandering down the middle of the roads? Do they come under any law? Can tickets be issued?

Personally, I quite enjoy seeing them eating any green that they find on the empty pieces of land but they do cause a traffic hazard and make such a mess on the streets. Should they be banned or should we enjoy a bit of eccentricity on the streets of Amman (and presumably other towns in the country)? T
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger MommaBean said...

I have to sau this is one of the things I LOVE about jordan. That juxtaposition of city life and bedouin fancy is so unique and interesting. El 3atal and I actually saw a herd of sheep availing themselves of the walking bridge over airport road the other day. Talk about a picture being worth a thousand words. Too bad we were in a hurry, I'd have loved to snap that one.

Thursday, June 12, 2008  
Blogger joladies said...

I totally agree with you mommabean ... couldn't live without them!! J

Thursday, June 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home