Tuesday, December 02, 2008

choose Amman's new logo

A friend and I decided we had to go and see the proposed logos for the City of Amman. So off we went to the Municipality where no one had any idea what we were talking about from the information desk to the mayor's office. Finally a sweet young lady said the display was at the Hussein Cultural Centre so we walked over there and found the following. I was not very impressed with the choice but chose number 3 the one with the three thick strokes invoking the idea of a Roman theatre.

I think everyone should go down and make their feelings and choice known. T


Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like aspects of each one, but the last is my favorite.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008  
Blogger MommaBean said...

Not in love with any of them... How long is the voting going on? Any idea?

Tuesday, December 02, 2008  
Blogger Dave said...

I'd go with either the first or the last one, I guess.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for making the recon visit T....I like the second one. It incorporates a visual cue (theatre shape) within the words and is clean (one color), strong and uncluttered. That means it can work on all kinds of printed and stenciled and other stuff where there will be other competing and complicated graphics or logos. i think we are allowed to vote...what did you do to vote, T?

Thursday, December 04, 2008  
Blogger joladies said...

Thanks T - but I'm afraid I don't like any of them ... they look as if they have been designed by one person ..... is that the case do you think???


I would prefer a wider/varied choice - is there anyway to get it??? J

Thursday, December 04, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

I chose the one that looked like a roman theatre. It is one colour and reasonably easy to reproduce and recognise. I think the first two are too fussy and the last one of the skyline of the city is nice but also too fussy. Think it is closed now but not sure.
Anon, I think you chose no 3 like me. T

Thursday, December 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home