Monday, September 11, 2006

Audacity!

According to the Jordan News Agency (Petra) a Jordanian was the recipient of the 'military audacity medal'! This is what they called the medal that was awarded to our brave police officer who helped capture the criminal who attacked foreign tourists at the Roman theatre downtown. This medal is the highest award for courage given to a military person and has a bright green ribbon with a disc that has HM King Abdullah I on one side and the Dome of the Rock on the other. Other members of the public, including a dustman (thought they were now called refuse collectors) also got medals - well done to them all.

I often read the Petra press releases and find the English is terrible and they are supposed to be presenting Jordan's news to the English speaking world. Could they please get a new translator! T

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a matter of fact I did but for some reason when I tried to comment on it my computer wouldn't let me comment on your site, that is why I had to post it on my own site.

Monday, September 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once contacted them 2 years ago about other typos they had and got the rudest email back from them. I was only trying to be helpful. In their email they said that I was the one with the problem. Now I just feel very embarrassed for them when I see ALL the mistakes.

Monday, November 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home