Thursday, December 04, 2008

Photo diary

You don't realise what you are missing until you go away for a while to a place without internet .... and a tv that doesn't work properly ... and then you discover a little bit of the quiet life ...


 
Tomatoes under cultivation along the shores of the Dead Sea


Who said a dog's life wasn't up to much??!!


Coffee break along the Amman-Aqaba Highway

My garden sprang to life when I gave it some tender loving care ...



Welcome tea and home made hubz overlooking my favourite spot in Ras an Naqab





hey - tea time for us too!

Aqaba at sunset, November 2008 ... I love the deep blue of the evening sky, something I can't seem to capture on camera!

So here's to Aqaba, to a little bit of the country that has had its arteries severed from the mainland (according to some;  especially those customs clearing agencies with a license to 'print money' - now that's a whole new story for another day) ... in the hope that it will never sacrifice its charm on the altar of development. J




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, I love wide angles...
Thinking about it, I'm starting to feel homesick again :(

Thursday, December 04, 2008  
Blogger joladies said...

Thank you Qwaider ... there really is no place like home is there ... and for me it's here. I love wide angles too ... just as well, it's the only lens I have at the moment ... my kids have raided my stock! J

Monday, December 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home